Nothing like a bit of late night baking! This is pretty similar to my banana and oat muffin recipe with a few changes. It makes for an awesome strawberry dark chocolate banana bread that’s both moist and delicious. This one probably sits somewhere between a #treatday item and healthy so go easy.
Strawberries, I thought maybe a little odd… But no, these went so well, especially with the dark chocolate. Yum, yum, yum. Bake time.Print
Ok, I’ll be the first to admit this was actually going to be raspberry chocolate banana bread but (sad face) I was out of raspberries! Never the less I decided to try it out with strawberries and it’s still bloody delicious so no harm was done. Let’s dive in
- A handful of frozen berries (the choice is yours)
- A handful of dark chocolate chunks or chips
- 1 1/2 cups of wholemeal flour
- 1/2 cup of oats
- 2 large mashed bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 350˚f (175 degrees Celsius) and grease the inside of your loaf-dish setting to one side. In a medium or large bowl add the honey, eggs and oil, whisking all together. Then add in your mashed bananas while continuing to give it a good stir.
- In a separate bowl mix together the flour, oats, cinnamon, salt, baking soda and baking powder. Once all is well mixed, gently fold in the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until only just combined.
- Pour your batter into the prepared loaf dish. If you’re adding chocolate chunks or chips, I like to gently add these in using a fork to push them to the depth I want them in the loaf. Then I push the strawberries into the loaf individually. This way you don’t get random huge clumps of chocolate or berries
- Place your loaf dish into the oven and bake for 1 hour or until when a knife inserted into the loaf comes out clean. Yippee! This will be a loaf you’re proud of, I know it.
When it comes to extras you can get crazy. Dark chocolate, milk chocolate, frozen berries, coconut, almonds, walnuts. There’s an endless list of scrumptious extras that will all taste great if included.
- Category: Baking
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Snack