Today was what I like to call a perfect day! Stuck to my calories, had a great workout, got a shit load of work done and are fully prepared for tomorrow with meal prep and duties (cleaning, yay) complete… phew.
Sitting down now and it’s just part 9pm leaving me 2 hours to write up today’s blog post and get my ass to bed so I can build up my streak, Snapchat users you’ll know what I’m talking about, haha.
On the menu today we have some really healthy protein and banana pancakes. These bad boys are pretty similar to the other protein pancakes recipe I’ve got here but I thought I’d post them anyway as they’re so damn good.
Alright, let’s not mess around. These protein pancakes are a go-to weekend favourite. Healthy for me and the little guy loves them too.
- 2 ripe mashed bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2/3 cup of organic oats
- 1/4 cup wholemeal or buckwheat flour
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1 tbsp coconut or olive oil
- 1/2 cup raspberries
- Throw the mashed banana, eggs, soy milk and vanilla essence in a bowl and give it a good mix so all the ingredients are well combined.
- Add in your dry ingredients i.e. oats, flour and cinnamon. Gently continue mixing until all the ingredients are only just combined. This will help you get a lighter, more fluffy pancake.
- Place a pan on the stove top at medium heat and begin adding your batter so you get pancakes at a size of your liking. I normally go for two in a pan at a time. As soon as they go in scatter some raspberries on top for good measure like in the photo above.
- Cooking time will vary based on pancake thickness but look for bubbles in the top of the pancake before flipping (about 3 minutes per side is usually about right).
Be sure to watch you pancakes cook, unlike me who managed to burn the first two.
Today’s Workout – Quick HIIT Session With The Sled
With the Mrs doing F45 early mornings I only have about 45 minutes to squeeze in a super quick workout, better than nothing I guess, anyway if you’re hitting the gym here’s the workout.
5 Rounds – 20 Minute Time Cap
- 10x chest to ground burpee box jumps (22″)
- 10x wall balls
- 4x 20m sled pushes (80kg)
It’s a short and sweet quad killer. A note of the sled, It should be heavy enough that you can’t run push it but not so heavy you can’t move it… obviously lol. Good luck, I did it in just under 18 minutes.