This has to be one of the simplest yet most delicious meals preps of the month. Soy glazed shredded chicken thighs and steamed broccoli. Sometimes the simplest meal preps work out to be the best. Full credit goes to the babe, for whipping these up mid-week to see us into the weekend.
Full credit to the Mrs for cooking this delicious, and deceptively simple meal prep. It was great after a long session at the gym.
- 1 head of broccoli
- 5 to 6 chicken thighs
- 2 cloves of garlic (crushed)
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp rice malt syrup
- sesame seeds
- 2 stalks spring onion (finely chopped)
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- Salt & Pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 180˚ Celsius. Grab a medium sized bowl and throw in your chicken thighs, crushed or finely chopped garlic, soy sauce, rice malt syrup and chicken stock. If you can prep earlier in the day it’s good to cover this and let it marinade for an hour or two. If not give it 5 minutes to let a little of the flavour soak in.
- Place each of the thighs in a small baking dish and sprinkle of sesame seeds and finely chopped spring onion. Bake in the oven for approximately 30 minutes (until the juices run clear and the chicken is cooked through).
- While the chicken is cooking get your steamer on the stove top and bring the water to boil. Chop your head of broccoli into little trees and throw them all in the steamer. 5 minutes is all it will take and you’ll have a nice firm yet deliciously cooked broccoli. No one likes eating soggy trees.
- Once your chicken has finished cooking shred with a knife and add even portions into your meal prep dishes.